Blinking blinking little eyes
How I wonder what’s inside
Up and lower dark and weak
Like a Diamond in the eyes…
Sounds similar…? But something is not right?
The Third line? Are you wondering what happened in the upper and lower lids? Why it is so dark and weak? There are numerous causes behind… Although they are not usually dangerous, dark eyelids can make people look tired. We have already talked about dark circles (Here’s the link for a quick refer)
Around the Eyes….
It’s extremely thin and incredibly delicate area which requires a lil extra special care …. Only a few oil glands are present there than the rest of your skin. It’s so delicate and makes it more susceptible to internal or external changes. Changes can be in dietary, health related, sleep (usually lack of), seasonal variations and aging. This makes it more vulnerable to dryness, irritation, sun damage, environmental damage like caused by pollution, signs of premature aging. Our skin loses elasticity and strength over time as the skin here becomes thinner with as age advances. It is more prone to reactions to certain products than the rest of the face and is hyper sensitive. Also, our precious sense organ eye is there…Hence, Special attention and care should be given.
Most of the cosmetic products contain chemicals which are too harsh for this delicate skin; therefore, care should be taken while choosing the right under eye cream…
What are Eye Creams?
Eye cream must have a strong hold in your personal care beauty routine, whatever your age is and whichever skin type you have… Most eye creams contain a powerhouse of essential nutrients like retinol and vitamin C that can make wondrous impacts in removing dark circles, fine lines and fighting off puffiness.
Is it necessary to use?
Fine lines and wrinkles can be caused by sun damage and less collagen production as age advances. To keep the delicate skin around the eyes healthy and strong, an eye cream may be suggested. They are lighter in texture. Eye creams are having emollient properties. It can tighten and hydrate the skin while treating target specific skin concerns, depending upon the formula used. Eye creams can address appearance of lines and wrinkles, and fluids collect under the eyes and cause puffiness and dark circles. The earlier you start applying eye cream, the longer you can enjoy its effects.
Which under eye cream can be trusted?
- Trust those products which are 100% pure, organic certified cosmetic products. They ensure safety of the ingredients used.
- Look for skin friendly and safe ingredients
- Choose Target specific products
- Look for products with
- Vitamin C- antioxidant which offers sun protection and brightening properties.
- Vitamin E- moisturizing and soothing.
- Vitamin K-depuffing, improves circulation, and treats dark circles.
- Good Sun Protecting Factor (SPF)
- Hyaluronic acid-attracts water and moisturizes the skin. It improves skin elasticity.
- Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) lactic acid, glycolic acid, and mandelic acid –treat hyperpigmented skin.
- Caffeine decreases puffiness and dark under eye circles. etc
- Freeze coffee ice cubes/ Use green tea bags
- Take vitamin E capsules
- Soothe with coconut oil
- Lock moisture in with olive oil
- Depuff with aloe vera
- Essential oils like Lavender, Rose Geranium, Sandalwood, Chamomile- Mixed with carrier oil may soothe the skin around.
- Cold Pressed Sweet Almond Oil- lightens the dark circles under your eyes and reduces under-eye puffiness.
How to Use?
It’s important to apply eye cream properly. Not only it will protect the area, but also it will ensure your skin fully soaks up its benefits.
- Use your weakest finger to have a gentle touch on your delicate eye area
- Take a pea-sized/ small amount of eye cream
- Gently tap small dots under your eyes, starting in the innermost corner and moving outward. Avoid applying cream too close to your bottom eyelashes.
- Pat the product into your skin. Avoid dragging or rubbing.
- Wait 2 minutes to let the cream fully absorb.
- Apply the rest of your skin care products and makeup.
When and how often?
Eye cream can be applied at various times of the day. You will need a different eye cream for different times.
- In the morning- Use a light one, as it will be more comfortable.
- In the evening-Choose a richer cream with hydrating ingredients and no SPF so that the ingredients can absorb into your skin overnight...
- In the morning and evening- To enjoy all of the above benefits, use eye cream at both times.
The ideal time depends on YOU.
Follow these Eye skin care Routine
- Be gentle, always.
- Don’t forget to moisturize!
- Treat your eyes with a gentle massage
- Protect your eyes from harmful UV rays
- Don’t strain your eyes too much
- Give time to relax
- Eat well and balanced
- Sleep well
- Manage stress
- Love yourself, Pamper your self