The wondrous Almond Oil
Vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber, and a number of health benefits. Are you telling me to wait??
Do you want to know what I am talking about? I am giving you one more clue 1 ounce of that contains one-eighth of a person’s daily protein needs.
Yes…You got it right. We were talking about Almonds….
We all eat almonds raw or toasted as a snack or add them to sweet or savory dishes. They are also available sliced, flaked, slivered, as flour, oil, butter, or almond milk.
But have you heard about Almond Oil?
Almond oil has been used for since thousands of years to soothe, soften, and repair the skin. Almond Oils are of two types- the Bitter one and the Sweet almond oil. Sweet almond oil is generally safe to use for hair care and skin care. Almond oil is extremely nourishing oil and improves the overall complexion which helps in reviving the natural glow. The oil makes an excellent moisturizer for both the skin and hair, and it has many other benefits too which you may find below.
Almond Oil for Skin
Benefits of using Almond Oil for skincare
- Vitamin E: Highly antioxidant which helps to prevent cell damage and help reduce ultraviolet (UV) damage to the skin
- Vitamin A: The retinol in vitamin A has the ability to stimulate the production of new skin cells and smooth fine lines.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: prevent premature aging and safeguard against sun damage.
- Zinc: Helps in healing.
- Rich in fatty acids: Improves acne.
- Presence of Retinoids: reduce the appearance of acne and improve cell turnover.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reduces puffiness and under-eye circles
- Emollient properties: Improves complexion and skin tone.
- Moisturizing properties: Treats dry skin. Almond oil has been used for centuries to treat dry skin conditions, including eczema and psoriasis.
- Reduces the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
How to use Almond Oil for skin care?
- Direct application: First rub a few drops of cold pressed sweet almond oil in your palms and apply directly into the skin and massage.
- As an exfoliating facial scrub: Mix the oil with sugar
- Adding to hot bath
- Apply to Nails and Cuticles
Almond Oil for Hair
Almond oil has been used to treat dry scalp conditions in Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine for centuries. Almond Oils are so nourishing, which will soften and strengthen your hair. It's rich in vitamin B-7, or biotin, thus keeps your hair and nails healthy and strong. It also helps to protect your hair from sun damage and makes it less prone to split ends. Almond oil contains high amounts of vitamin E, which is a natural antioxidant.
Benefits of using Almond Oil for Hair care
- Lubricating properties: Reduce friction during hair styling make it less prone to breakage and diminish split ends.
- Emollient properties: Almond oil softens hair
- Almond oil strengthens and repairs hair
- Natural antioxidant: leaves hair young and healthy
- Almond oil treats scalp conditions: flaky scalp (seborrheic dermatitis) and scalp psoriasis.
How to use?
- Take a few drops of Almond Oil and apply the oil to the very tips of your hair using finger tips for about 15-20 minutes. Also it can be kept overnight.
- Wash it with Pure, organic shampoo
- Repeat this weekly thrice
Listen First Time Users
- Avoid using almond oil on your skin, if you are allergic to nuts
- Do a patch test before applying to your face. You can do a patch test by dabbing a small amount of almond oil on the inside of your wrist or elbow. If there are no signs of redness, itching, burning, or swelling within a few hours, the oil is likely safe to use on your skin.