Onion Cares for you
Onion cares for you? Hard to digest??? Hmm.. Because we only heard this on a routine basis….
Chop chop chop…
Chop What? Onions
Chopping Onions and watery eyes…common conversations at home, right?
Why Onions make us cry?
An enzyme called alliinase is released from the broken cells of onion when cut, converting the amino acid alliin (an amino acid not present in proteins) to a substance called allicin. In response, our eyes secrete tears to wash away the allicin and we begin to cry and smart.
However, onions offer potential health benefits. These may range from maintaining skin and hair health to reducing the risk of several types of cancer.
What is in the Onion to be so special?
The One who makes you cry, is with lots and lots of benefits.
Onions are a good source of
- Vitamin C (RDA)
- Vitamin B-6 (RDA)
- Manganese (AI)
- Small amounts of calcium, iron, folate, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, the antioxidants quercetin and sulphur
Onion for Hair care
Onion juice improves hair growth by boosting the level of the antioxidant enzyme catalase. It nourishes your hair follicles with its rich content of sulphur. The rich sulphur content helps in minimizing the thinning of hair and splitting.
- Encourage hair growth
- Reverse greying
- Calm itchy scalp
- Treat alopecia
- Quell dandruff
How to Use Onion for Hair care?
We all love healthy and lustrous hair. We always search for the easy ways to get shiny, long, thick and beautiful hair. And we hate hair fall, premature balding, greying etc. Let’s check some easy hacks for your healthy hair growth using Onion…….
- The easiest way is to use an Onion Based Hair Oil. The active principles of onion get infused into the Oil and regular application of this oil can have better results
- Onion based shampoo is also a trend. This will stimulate the follicles and keep scalp fresh and clean & supports for hair growth.
- At home remedies: Onion is a safe, natural, and affordable home remedy that can be great for your hair.
- Onion Juice: Chop some onions, crush it in a blender and extract the juice. It can be mixed with Coconut oil or Aloe vera and can be used. It is highly pungent and can be irritating. So, care should be taken while using.
- Onion juice + honey hair mask: Mix two teaspoons of extracted onion juice with one teaspoon of honey. Apply it on your hair and let it sit for 20 minutes, after that wash it off. This hair mask will help hair growth and makes you hair shiny. Reduces scalp inflammation and dandruff issues.
- Onion juice +castor oil mask: Mix well equal proportion of Onion juice and Castor Oil. Apply it on your scalp and wash it after one hour. This may be repeated two or three times a week. This will leave your hair healthy and long.
- Onion juice and aloe vera hair mask
- Onion Juice and Egg white hair mask
CARE SHOULD BE TAKEN WHILE USING ONION JUICE. DON’T WAIT FOR LONG IF IRRITATION OCCURS AND IF YOU CAN’T WITHSTAND THE SMELL AND PUNGENCY.
Onion for Skin Care
Great for skin as it is a Great source of
- Antioxidant vitamins, such as vitamins A, C and E
- Protecting our skin cells from the damaging effects of ultraviolet (UV) rays.
- Combating free radical damages, thereby reversing the signs of premature aging.
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Make your skin clear
- Natural cleansers
- Skin lightening properties
- Stimulates skin, bleaches it naturally and removes the dead skin layer.
- Makes your lip beautiful and pinky
- Nourish your skin, making it healthy and glowing
- Treat dark spots, pigmentation marks
- Delay signs of ageing like fine lines and wrinkles
- Protect the skin from free radicals.
- Promote collagen production
- Reduce acne and pimples
- Protects from sun
How to use it for skin care?
- Add a teaspoon of fresh onion juice to one teaspoon of gram flour and 1/2 teaspoon of milk cream. Combine this mixture and use it as your skin lightening face pack every day for four weeks.
- Mix vitamin E oil with onion juice and apply over your dark lips before going to bed at night. Doing it for a month continuously will remove the dark layer on your lips and make them pink again.
- Dip a cotton ball into Onion juice and apply all over your skin. Increases blood flow and makes your skin wrinkle-free, firm and young-looking.
- For Acne: Massage your face with some fresh onion juice or prepare an onion face pack.
- Take Equal amounts of onion juice & olive oil or almond oil. Mix it well and apply on your skin. After 15 minutes, wash off with cold water.
- Mix equal amount of fresh onion juice & plain yogurt. Add 2 to 3 drops of lavender oil to the mixture. Massage your face in a gentle circular motion by using your fingertips.
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice +2 teaspoons of fresh onion juice. Dab it on your skin with a cotton ball. Wash it off with lukewarm water after 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare a face mask by combining two tablespoons of fresh onion juice, one tablespoon of gram flour, one teaspoon of milk and one teaspoon of ground nutmeg. Apply the smooth thick paste all over your skin and wash off after 15 minutes.
Care should be taken not to irritate your skin/scalp too much.Please visit at Hair Care – Pallava Organics